Saturday, July 7, 2018

Bright Summery Card for a Girlfriend

I have been mentally designing a card with linear pattern stamping using citrus fruits.   I tried a couple different patterns and selected this one.  I usually use my misti, but I stamped this card freehand using an acrylic block.   To save time, I put all three stamps on the block and stamped across the card.
Linear Pattern Stamping
Create a Smile Fruit Salad Stamp Set

I colored the images with Copic markers using the YR02, Y06 and YG01 which are bright citrusy colors.There are a lot of images, but the coloring went surprisingly fast.  I used Sakura Gel Pens for the rind on the lime and orange images.  I debated whether to outline the fruit in gray but opted to keep the card fresh and bright instead.  If I had made two cards, I would have tried one each way to see which I preferred.

I embossed two Happy Birthday sentiments and decided I liked the smaller font on this card.  I added a few sequins and I was done!

Handmade card featuring lemons, limes and oranges.
This card will go to one of my girlfriends whose birthday is in August.  

I am entering this cheerful, summery birthday card in the following challenges:










Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

6 comments:

  1. Wow Karen, what a beautifully designed card! I love the linear stamping and the bright, clean colours. Your card makes me think of summer and all the wonderful fresh fruit juices which accompany the season. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! The colors are so bright and happy! It is sure to bring a smile to your friend when she receives it! Thanks for being in our gallery at both Seize the Birthday and Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun summery card, Karen! I love the citrus colors. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smiling allll over my face in seeing your lovely, bright orange-lemon-lime pattern. A happy card that will definitely delight your lucky friend receiving it. Citrus-sensational! Thank you for sharing this gem in the Just Us Girls gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect stamping of your lines of citrus fruit and wonderful bright coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun design! Fabulous stamping and great colouring too. Thank you for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...