Saturday, July 14, 2018

Monochromatic Watercolor Bleaching


I saw a technique that I wanted to try called Watercolor Bleaching.   I thought it was very striking so I took a go at it.  I went for monochromatic blues.  First, I white heat embossed a number of floral images and a Thinking of You sentiment.  Next, I (heavily) watercolored the background with several shades of medium and darker blue distress ink.  To "bleach" I wet a paint brush and dabbed the inside of the images.  I wanted a dramatic and intense effect so I wet the areas, blotted with a towel and repeated until I had the look I was going for.  It got lighter after each cycle.
Emboss Resist Technique with  Distress Inks.

I liked that card so I did a similar second card but added some reds and greens.  In the end, I liked the monochromatic blue card the best. 














 I am entering my card in the following challenges:

Just Us Girls Watercolor Background


The Flower Challenge - Monochrome


Cas-ual Fridays Embossing Challenge


Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

5 comments:

  1. Such pretty cards and great bleaching results. Thanks for joining our Gallery this week at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blue card. What a fabulous take on monochromatic. That's a fun technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, I love the "Water Bleaching" technique, your beautiful card is a perfect example of it, the shades of blue on the flowers look truly amazing.
    Thank you for playing along with us at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, hope you play again soon.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That blue is so vibrant and worked beautifully with what I call "paint lifting", Kenny. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful! love the colors, especially the yellow one. thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!!

    lovies, =o) kel
    CAS-ual Fridays Challenge DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...