Thursday, September 13, 2018

Handsome Mutt Handmade Card

My daughter adopted a rescue mutt.   Tank is a very handsome dog, but since he is not a purebred I had not been able to find a stamp that looks like him.  At a Craft Convention I found Friends4Cookie by Stamps of Life and bought the set immediately, because Cookie looks like Tank.  So, of course I wanted to make a card for my daughter.
Handmade Card featuring a mutt mixed breed rescue dog.
Adorable Mixed Breed Mutt

Since Tank is a reddish brown color, I thought a bright background would make the card more interesting.  I used distress ink mini cubes and a wide flat brush to paint a messy rainbow brushstroke background.

I stamped and colored Cookie/Tank, fussy cut the image and then went along the edge with a brown Copic so he wouldn't have a white edge.  I thought the sentiment was cute so I fussy cut and mounted it as well.

I am entering this card in Card Concepts Colorful Basics Challenge
I was drawn to the rainbow stripes in the inspiration photo.  I think my card fits best in the Clean and Layered category.


Thanks for stopping by!

Karen

3 comments:

  1. We just got a puppy last week so this card warms my heart. So cute! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, this card is adorable! I am sure that your daughter will love it as much as we do :-) Thanks for sharing with us at The Card Concept and we hope you can play along with us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just adorable and love that super rainbow background.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...