Sunday, January 13, 2019

Square Valentine with Octagonal Insert

I bought the Gina K Wreath Builder template a while back and thought it would be fun to use for a valentine.  Instead of rotating an 1/8th of a turn each time, I skipped and did quarter turns.  I started by stamping the cute birds from Photoplay Thinking of You. Then, in the areas in between the birds,  I used the template again and stamped hearts and butterflies from a stamp set I received for Christmas (Inkblot Shop This & That).  This card is for my mother-in-law and she loves birds and butterflies. 
Handmade card featuring butterflies and hearts from Inkblot Shop's This & That Stamp set.
After coloring with Copic markers, I was very happy with the panel, but I wondered how it would look with the four corners clipped.  I was a bit nervous but went ahead and loved the octagonal result.   I mounted on a square 4" x 4" hot pink card base.  I wanted a vintage feel like the small valentines we used to exchange as kids.

Copic colors used:  RV 4, RV 23, Y06, Y08, R35 and BG11.

I am entering my valentine in the following challenges:

Addicted to Stamps and More Holiday Challenge  This week I made two valentine's and Addicted so Stamps Holiday Challenge called to my designs. 


Time Out Loving Challenge This week I was ready to work on Valentine's so the "loving" theme was perfect for me.



The Card Concept Pink Party Challenge   I was inspired by the gorgeous hot pink, white and black color scheme and the butterflies on the table runner. 



Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

8 comments:

  1. This is an absolutely adorable wreath. Love how those birds look a little bit like synchronized swimmers doing a circle. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just way too cute...love your sweet wreath! Thank you so much for playing along with us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute whimsical image! Thanks for joining The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet and pretty, Karen ... the bright colours are perfect with these whimsical characters ... so fun! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super original and such a playful design! And great in the bright colours! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So colorful and fun with such a great design. Thank you for linking up at Addicted to Stamps and More - Holiday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun card! Thanks for playing along with The Card Concept, hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...