Saturday, March 16, 2019

Seaside Village Watercolor Card

I had the idea of creating a 3D seaside village for my aunt's birthday.  She loves watercoloring so that is the technique I chose.    I love this beautiful Art Impressions Shoppes stamp set.
Art Impressions Shoppes Stamp set.
Village Shoppes
I started by stamping the two shoppes with grey ink on Ranger Watercolor paper.  Then I used my new watercolors to bring my scene to life. Next, I took another panel of watercolor paper and created my background.   After the shop images were dry, I fussy-cut and used foam tape to adhere to the background panel.    Last, I stamped the sentiment (WPlus9 - Doodle Buds) in the sky area.

I am happy with the card and hope Aunt Nancy will like it.

I am entering this card in:

Art Impressions Cutting Edge Challenge.  Fussy cutting was my "cutting
edge".
  
Day of the Month Inaugural Card Challenge  What fun to participate in Challenge #1!
Unser Logo zum Mitnehmen! / Our logo to take away!

Allsorts "Favorite" Challenge.  Two favorites on this card:  the idyllic shoppes stamps and the sentiment stamp.

  Grab our logo

Sisterhood of Crafters "Ladies" Challenge.  I think this scene is one most ladies would appreciate.
Please Grab Our Badge!

Time out 5th Birthday Challenge  Happy Birthday to Time Out Challenges!  Love the theme "Hugs, Kisses and a lot of Birthday Wishes".  This is a birthday card I made for my aunt.



Thanks for stopping by,
Karen

13 comments:

  1. I just love this adorable little village scene. Great coloring and you have created a real sense of depth. I feel like I could walk right into this card. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous water colouring and a lovely scene,such soft colours. So good to see you at Time Out

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet scenic creation, many thanks for joining our 'Use a favourite' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful scene Karen! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘One for the Ladies/Girls’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely scene and a great use of the watercolours. Thank you for joining our 'Favourites' challenge at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great place to go shopping with the ladies... so very quaint and beautifully colored. Thanks for sharing your card with the Sisterhood of Crafters "one for the ladies" challenge. Hope to see you play often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful scene. Thank you for entering our challenge at Allsorts with your favourite stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have created a beautiful little scene, I feel like going for a walk through this pretty place. A great moment of happiness. Thank you for showing them on our Challenge Blog.
    Gundi

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a delightful little scene! I would be so happy to sit in that little Cafe and sip a coffee and eat some pastries! Reminds me of my former life in Europe. Thank you so much for linking up with us at the Card of the Month Card Club!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely little scene! I feel like I'm walking around my city - here in France we have lots of small alleys with coffee bars on every street corner.
    Thank you so much for joining us at our Day of the Month Card Club Challenge.
    Have a happy day.
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is an lovely card ! I love this beautiful scene, very peaceful and serene. Your watercoloring is amazing ! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a beautiful scene! One I would love to walk in.... Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, Karen.
    Congratulations, you won my inspiration card at the Day of the Month Card Club! Please send me your postal address by e-mail so that I can send it to you as soon as possible. You can find my email address on my blog, directly under my profile- just replace the brackets with an @
    Have a nice Sunday
    Hugs, Rosi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...