Saturday, May 4, 2019

Coffee in the Garden

Hello and thank you for stopping by!  I always love a good scene card and I came up with the idea of "Coffee in the Garden" using Altenew's Garden Grow and Tea Time sets. Garden Grow is a longtime favorite set that I love to pull out and create little vignettes with and Tea Time worked just great to finish the scene.  I am entering this card in the Altenew May Challenge.

Handmade card with Coffee in the Garden theme.

I watercolored a background with two shades of yellow and then set my panel aside to dry.   I stamped, colored (with Copics) and die cut the garden and coffee images and then adhered to the background panel with  foam squares for added dimension.  I think I've created an idyllic little scene that is going to my sister on her birthdy.

Altenew May Challenge:  I loved this close-up garden scene inspiration.   I chose to back up and create the macro view.


Coffee Loving Card Makers Spring/Summer Hop I am so excited to participate in this hop. My entry is "Coffee in the Garden".

UPDATE:  I was so pleased to see that my card was selected as one of Coffee Loving Card Makers Designer Picks. and Flash Prize Winner.  Thank you to Cats Pajama's Art Stamps for the gift certificate to their store!


Karen






19 comments:

  1. Oh my -- what a beautiful card! I just love the little garden scene you've created! I think this may be my favorite card from the hop so far!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've had fun looking at all the cards too! :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh what a fun scene this is! It kinda reminds me of my backyard: hubby outside working on his bonsai and me looking out at this type of scene every day! I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, your card is GORGEOUS! I love how you created the PERFECT coffee scene. :) Good job...very creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful scenery. Love the watercolored background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful scene card and wonderfully colored too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun scene and images. I love the water colored background and color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous with beautiful scene!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your water color background! Fabulous little scene!! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen, your card is lovely. I love gardening and coffee... I love the scene so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fabulous little scene and love the idea of coffee in the garden x. Super cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a totally brewtiful happy card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh gosh! Such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful scene, love your choices of happy colours and your well designed layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...