Wednesday, February 19, 2020

WWC259 - Dawn's Challenge: Anything Goes With a Masculine Twist

Hello and welcome.  This week we are making masculine cards at The Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and Dawn is our hostess.
Handmade Santa Fe Style Birthday card
Last summer my husband and I went on an old-fashioned driving vacation of the American Southwest.  It was a wonderful trip and when we were in Santa Fe, New Mexico I found a stamp shop that stocked designs by local artists. I combined three stamps to create this Santa Fe scene.

I stamped my scene, watercolored and then heat embossed a sentiment.

Supplies:
B&J Art Stamps by Judy Duke (Las Cruces, NM):  

  1. Santa Fe Gate
  2. Sunflowers
  3. Pear Cactus
Kuretake Watercolors
Brutus Monroe Aqua Pigment Paper
Versafine Onyx Black ink

I am entering this card in:
The Alphabet "W for Anything you Wish Challenge"  I wished to make an outdoor scene card.

Shopping Our Stash "The Great Outdoors" Challenge  I enjoyed making this outdoor scene card.

A Place To Start Masculine Challenge I think the rugged gate makes for a nice masculine card.  

Addicted to Stamps "Make Your Mark Challenge"   I made my mark with watercolors and ink.

I am so pleased that you stopped by!
Karen
Image may contain: one or more people and text

6 comments:

  1. Love this scene Karen - and using three stamps? Great masking and love the water-colouring. Thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge xx Lynda DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. You captured the spirit of Santa Fe so well with this card! Beautifully colored!

    Thank you for sharing your wonderful work in our ATSM challenge & we hope you will join us again in the next ATSM Challenge!.

    Anna – Design Team member at Addicted to Stamps and More

    Visit my blog - Crafty Anna Studio.
    You can also find me on Instagram - CraftyAnna Studio
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Southwestern card, beautifully colored!! What a fabulous idea to prop it on an easel, it looks like a work of art.
    Thank you for sharing with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH.
    Hugs.
    Maria/DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great make hun

    Thank you for sharing with us at 'A Place To Start' this month
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that beautiful southwestern landscape, so cool to have exactly the right stamps to remember your trip. thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this fortnight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love the way you colored this card! That door is amazing! Thanks for such a "scenic" submission to our challenge at A Place To Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...