Wednesday, March 4, 2020

WWC261 - Kath's Challenge: Anything Goes With a Feminine Twist

Hello and welcome!  This week is our always popular "feminine" challenge at Watercooler Wednesday.  Kath is our hostess.
Altenew Espresso Crisp die ink
I made this card for my sister's birthday.  I heat embossed,  watercolored then die-cut this beautiful floral image from Altenew.  I used watercolor paper for the painted panel and the card base as I liked the continuity of texture across the card.  I am not sure you can tell in the photograph, but I really like the textured look in person.   I also went with a brown sentiment for a more natural look.

Supplies:
Altenew Weekend Doodles stamp and die
Altenew Espresso Crisp die ink
Watercolor paper
White Embossing Powder
Kuretake watercolors

I am pleased with the card and look forward to popping it in the mail to my sister.

I am entering this card in:




I am so pleased you stopped by!
Karen
Image may contain: one or more people, possible text that says 'AART WWC261 Kath's Challenge: Anything Goes With a Feminine Twist'

12 comments:

  1. Simply stunning! Love your watercolored flowers. Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Karen. Altenew design such amazing florals and you have showcased it perfectly. Thanks for joining in this months challenge at AAA Birhday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow! I just love this gorgeous CAS card! Just wonderful in every way. Thank you for playing with us at Make My Monday and hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Thanks so much for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your vibrant colours and the crisp clean look of the card design. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful CAS card, the colors of the flowers really pop with the white embossing.
    Just lovely!!
    Thank you for playing with us at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE.
    Hugs,
    Maria/DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, Karen! I'm sure your sister loved it! Loving the bright pops of colours on the flowers! I agree, I love the texture of watercolour paper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous card Karen. with the white embossing the flowers look like their hovering on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card, I have bought this stamp set and sadly not used it yet. I love your inspiration, have pinned for later. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...