Wednesday, March 11, 2020

WWC262 - Marsha's Challenge: All About Occasions

Hello and welcome!  This week we are creating occasion cards at The Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and Marsha is our hostess.
I wanted to make a spotlight background for this joyful girl. I started by drawing (in pencil) an off-center circle.  With a brush, I filled in the circle with clean water and then dropped in three different watercolors (yellow-green, green and blue-green) and let them blend.   I wanted the background to be mostly green as I associate that color with March.  After the panel dried, I erased the pencil line.  I stamped, Copic colored and fussy-cut my girl and then adhered on the watercolor.  I popped on an embossed sentiment and my card was complete.

Supplies:
Picket Fence Studio Sweet Dear Friend Stamp
SSS Birthday Mix 1 Sentiment
Watercolor Paper
Kuretake Watercolors


I am so pleased that you stopped by!

Karen
Image may contain: text

14 comments:

  1. Super cute~cute CAS card!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is super cute!

    Hugs,
    Mary Ellen, TRCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Green’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable, Karen! I love the cirlce background you've watercoloured. Gorgeous colours and a perfect place for your sweet girl to hang out. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful CAS card, Karen ! Love your watercolored background with those vibrant colours. Perfect to pop up this adorable little girl. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your fun card, Karen!! Great background colours for this little dancer!! Have a good day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your pretty spotlight design and your happy little dancer Karen! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolor this month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great CAS design. Thanks for sharing with us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope you join us for future challenges.

    Kathy
    DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous. Great CAS card design too. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenge.
    Amelia (Double "D" Challenge Design Team)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a sweet card! I love the background circle-so pretty! And the sweet girl! Thank you so much for joining us at The Rainbow Card Challenge-Especially Emerald. Hope to see you next month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. delightful
    Thanks so much for joining us at the CAS Watercolour Challenge!
    :) Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karen, this is a great CAS card! Thanks for joining us at TRCC, and I hope we see you again soon!
    Hugs,
    Em, DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful! I love the CAS design. The colors are really fresh and cheery! Great to see you in the Rainbow Card Challenge gallery. Hope you will join us again very soon! Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet card! I adore that amazing spotlight that you created! Thank you so much for joining us at The Rainbow Card Challenge! Hope to see you again soon! Hugs! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...