Wednesday, April 1, 2020

WWC265 - Marsha's Challenge: Anything Goes With a Feminine Twist

Hello and Welcome!  Today we are making feminine cards at The Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.  Marsha is our hostess.
Simon Says Stamp Sketchy Lines Background die and emboss resist technique.
I combined two ideas I had, making personalized initial notecards and using alcohol ink on watercolor paper (as opposed to Yupo paper).  

My Process:
  1. I started by stamping a background stamp onto watercolor paper.  I used Versamark ink and then heat embossed with white embossing powder.  
  2. I added three colors of alcohol ink (sunshine yellow, sunset orange and flamingo) plus blending solution.   I blended the colors with a felt blending tool.
  3. I added some pops of Gold with Jacquard Pinata Rich Gold.
  4. After my panel was dry, I glued craft foam on the back and die cut the K.  The great thing is that you wind up with two cards.  
  5. I made two A2 top folding cards and glued the K on the card base.  The K die cut looked a little small so I trimmed one card base down to 4" x 5 1/4".

I really like the cards and plan to make some batches for gifts.  I've ordered some additional initials and hope to post some variations in the future.

Supplies:
Altenew Mega Alphabet die
SSS Sketchy Lines Background stamp
watercolor paper
Ranger Alcohol Inks
Blending Solution
Ranger Alcohol Ink Mini Applicator Tool
Jacquard Pinata Rich Gold
Craft Foam

I am entering this card in:



I am so glad that you stopped by...stay safe and stay sane!
Karen
Image may contain: text


3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous colour palette, Karen ... it's soft and warm ... and contrasts beautifully with the graphic style of the embossing and initial letter! A fabulous duo! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful background, Karen! I hadn't tried alcohol inks on watercolour paper! Love your choice of colours and the idea of personalised notecards … especially 2 for 1!! Stay safe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are GORGEOUS!! I LOVE the pretty background and now I am going to have to try alcohol inks on watercolor paper!!! Thank you for the tip!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...