Wednesday, May 27, 2020

WWC273 - Marsha's Challenge: All About Occasions

  Hello and welcome!  Today we are making Occasion cards at The Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and Marsha is our hostess.
I wanted to create a 3D village scene by incorporating a fussy cut "peek-a-boo"window on my card.  I started by stamping two card panels:
  • In the center, a bit toward the top of one panel I stamped the longer street scene (inside the window pane).
  • On a second panel I stamped the "Open" shop on the far left and the cafe on the far right.
  • Next, I Copic colored the scene.  Then I die cut a small circle on the second panel and then used that opening to fussy cut the peek-a-boo window so panel #1 could "peek" through panel #2.
  • I assembled the card using foam tape so the scene would have dimension.
This card is for my sister. Linda loves to travel to Europe so I used their charming villages for my color inspiration.  


Supplies:
Art Impressions:  Shoppes stamp
Neenah cardstock
Copic Markers
The Greetery Crimped Frame Die
foam Tape
Heat Embossed Birthday sentiment

I am also playing along at:

Art Impressions "All Layered Up" Challenge. I used layers to simulate a 3D village scene.

 Inspired By"Sitting Pretty Challenge" I was inspired by those gorgeous colors that remind me of the beautiful European villages.

I am so pleased that you stopped by!
Karen

2 comments:

  1. WOW! This is an incredible card, I love your design and your European village!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love this lovely little scene with the layered front! I've always loved these AI stamp sets. Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...