Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Altenew Academy: Easy Die Cutting

Hello and Welcome!  I just finished the Altenew Academy class titled Easy Die Cutting.  Yana Smakula was the instructor and she shared six wonderful lessons.   I chose to write this blog post about lesson #5:  Inlaid Die Cutting, which I found very inspirational.  I just purchased this large beautiful scripty thank you die (Altenew's Simply Thank You) and thought it would work great with the inlaid die cutting technique.  I learned to save all the pieces from both panels so you can can create two cards from the positive and negative die cutting.  Don't you just love two-for-one projects!  :-)
My Process:
I started by ink blending a bright colorful gradient on Bristol cardstock.  I didn't want it to smear so I let it dry overnight.  The next day I die cut the "thank you" from the inked panel.  I also die cut the same sentiment  from a white panel.  Then I just swapped the sentiments and glued the white die-cut into the opening on the inked panel and glued the inked sentiment onto the white panel.  I was careful to save all the die cut pieces so I could piece everything back together.  Voila...two cards!  Yana also loves embellishments so I felt encouraged to add buttercream jewels to the white background.  
These cheerful cards will come in so handy on my next thank you notes.

I am so pleased that you stopped by!
Karen

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card! Love the choice of colours.
    Thank you for entering your work to the AECP assignment gallery. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...