Wednesday, June 17, 2020

WWC276 - Marsha's Challenge: Anything Goes with a Masculine Twist

Hello and welcome.  Today we are making masculine cards at The Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and Marsha is our hostess.  I like the look of grunge/mixed media cards but I've never made one myself.  I decided to give it a try with this dragonfly.
My Process:
  • I started by inking my glass media mat with various shades distress ink.  I sprayed with water and then laid a sheet of watercolor paper on the ink/water.  I dried with a heat tool and repeated this process a couple of times.
  • After the panel was dry I stenciled and stamped random elements on the panel
  • I then heat embossed the dragonfly and sentiment.
Supply List:
Visible Images "Live In the Moment" dragonfly stamp
Visible Images circle stamps
SSS Sketchy Lines background stamp
Tim Holtz Brick Layering Stencil
Ancient rubber stamp numbers
Stamps of Life sentiment
Nuvo Hot Chocolate Embossing Powder
Various colors of Distress Ink
Watercolor paper

I am playing along with:


This is a fun technique that I want to do again in the future.

I am so pleased that you stopped by!
Karen

4 comments:

  1. Wow! This is fabulous! Love that background! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Karen! Love the colours and I look forward to seeing more mixed media projects! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty!! I love your colors and I think I am going to have to try smooshing on watercolor paper. I have only done it on Neenah. I like the colors you chose!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous masculine project, thanks so much for linking to TIOT, much appreciated! Love that beautiful background with the dragonfly! Valerie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...