Wednesday, July 1, 2020

WWC278 - Michelle's Challenge: Anything Goes with a Feminine Twist

Do you ever have a leftover scrap that you just love?  That is how this card came to be....I made a pretty background  (link to card here) and had a bit left so that was the starting point for this creation.  I thought it was a pretty feminine card so I selected it to be my design team card for this week's Watercooler Wednesday "Feminine" Challenge.
I added a bold floral focal point, heat embossed a sentiment, created a layered look with foam tape and added a couple of embellishments from my scrapbooking days.  
Supplies Used:
Altenew Watercolor Stripes Stencil
Altenew Smile More stamp and die bundle
Spellbinder's Sentiment
Distress Inks (Salty Ocean, Mermaid Lagoon, Twisted Citron)
Zig Markers:  Emerald, Green Shadow, Pale Yellow, Yellow, Bright Yellow
Initial Embellishments

Make My Monday "Use Stencils" Challenge My background is watercoloring with distress ink over a stencil.

Festive Friday FF0062  I picked CAS design, birthday theme and floral theme.





I am so pleased that you stopped by!
Karen

9 comments:

  1. A beautiful clean design, love the bold bright flower it really draws the eye. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful CAS card with great use of your leftover stencilled scrap,the flower is a gorgeous vibrant yellow,thank you for joining in at MMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a bright happy card Karen. Love your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, and you just can't throw that scrap away?? It makes for a really fun challenge, and you certainly made the best of your scrap. Your card is so bright and summery!

    Thanks for Celebrating Summer with our Color Palette at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so lovely. Thanks for joining our Celebrating Summer challenge at Cut It Up.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Karen! I agree, it's great to use every bit of a favourite piece of something you love!! This is the perfect result!! Love that background panel!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cheerful card! Love your pretty daisy and the great background colors. Thank you for playing with us at MMM and hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty and cheerful card! Loved reading how it came together. Your background piece is lovely. Thank you for playing along with the Festive Friday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Karen! I love how the vibrant colors really pop on the clean design. Thanks so much for sharing over at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...