Thursday, May 17, 2018

Fruit Salad Birthday Card


I just received this new stamp set (Fruit Salad by Create A Smile) and wanted to play a bit.  I saw that The Paper Players Blog was having a color challenge so I selected those four colors as my inspiration.  Paper Players Card Challenge

 I embossed 5 of the fruit images and then watercolored them with Tombow markers.  I thought the card panel was missing something, so I used distress ink to make a coordinating edge on a scrap of cardstock.  Next I embossed a birthday sentiment on black cardstock and trimmed one edge at an angle.  I assembled  the card and it is ready to send to a girlfriend who has a June birthday.


Handmade card using Create a Smile Fruit Salad.  Lemon, lime, orange, banana watermelon.
Fruit Salad Stamps from Create a Smile

The stamps are from a set called Fruit Salad by Create a Smile.
The sentiment comes from a favorite set called Big Greetings from Simon Says Stamp.


Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

1 comment:

  1. Karen, what a sweet birthday card! Love all the fruit and the big, bold sentiment! So happy you joined my color challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...