Thursday, May 16, 2019

Humorous Dog Card

  Hello there!  I was at a cardmaking convention in February and saw this humorous dog and die set (Photo Play - Fetch) and knew I could make some really fun cards.  Don't you love how the dog almost makes a perfect square?
Photoplay Fetch stamp and die set.
I started by stamping Fetch and the small bird (SSS Stacking Animals), coloring with Copics and die-cutting.  I knew I wanted to frame the little vignette so I die-cut a large frame.   I had previously  made the background (Tim Holtz Bricked Layering Stencil) in a bright vivid blue.  Next I stamped the Hello sentiment (Altenew Pinstripes Background Stamp Set) on the frame.  I wanted to emphasize the frame so I used foam tape to adhere the frame and animal die-cuts to the bricked background.  I think this is a cheery little card that will be fun to send to a friend.  

I am entering this card in the following challenges:


Dar and Diane "Frames" Challenge




The Card Concept #115 Mosaic Challenge  I focused on the vivid blue, yellow, orange and brown color pallet.







Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

8 comments:

  1. OMG this is toooooooooo cute! What a fun creation Karen! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Frames’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I just love this dog and the silly bird and the background and every little thing about this fun and darling card! I'm so glad you shared it with us at Double D!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fetch is just brilliant, Karen ... so fun and whimsical ... and that little upside down bird is a riot, what a great touch! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, a fun card with the "square" dog and the bird and a fabulous background. Love the colouring and colour combo. Thank you so much for joining us in our Anything Goes/ Origami challenge at The Male Room this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

    Faith The Male Room DT
    Daffodil Cards {My Blog}

    The Male Room
    themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card! Love the background as well as that cute bird and dog image!! Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept- we hope you can join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, your little doggie is so stinkin' cute, and I love the little bird peering down from above!! Great take on the Mood Board, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D FRAMES Challenge. Hope we see you back again soon!!
    Judy~ DD DT
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!



    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card- love that dog! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha! Those images are so cute! Love your background as well. Thank you for playing with us at The Male Room Challenge.

    -Lise Mariann, DT at The Male Room-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...