Thursday, July 30, 2020

Altenew Academy: Beautiful Details

Hello!  I just finished the Altenew Academy Class "Beautiful Details".  I have to say our instructor, Marika Rahtu, is quite the artist and her cards are amazing!  Marika taught us that adding details can elevate our cards.

My style is more colorful and bold, but I incorporated several of her suggestions into my card.
Details I added to make this card special:
  • I love ink blending so I ink blended a complimentary background.  I reversed the colors from the floral images so I started blending from the bottom right in yellow (top flower) then added 5 other colors so that I finished with purple to get the gradient that I wanted.  I laid down a lot of ink and think this gives a bold and cohesive look to the card.  
  • I masked the left side (1") of the card to give contrast to the bold colors.
  • I used foam adhesive to give dimension to the focal point.
  • I added some shimmer pen to the flowers for a bit of subtle shine.
This Altenew Weekend Doodles stamp and die bundle may be my favorite set from Altenew.  I Copic colored the blooms and arranged them where the ink blending meets the white edge. 
I am also playing along with:
 Festive Friday FF0064.  I've used  pink, a sweet sentiment, die cuts and colored my card for "summer fun".

Little Red Wagon #560 Give Us Your Background  I used loads of distress ink to make this bold background.  

UPDATE:  I am so please that this card was chosen as a Festive Friday Fave!


Karen
 

7 comments:

  1. Oh my, this is very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ink blending is amazing! What a beautiful card. Thanks so much for joining us at Little Red Wagon Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bright and beautiful, Karen! This background is amazing, and provides the perfect backdrop for the flowers. Thank you for sharing at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous bright and happy card! All the details you added make a difference! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Your project was selected as a Festive Fave over at the Festive Friday Challenge. As a reminder, you can hop over to the challenge to grab your winners badge for your blog. Thanks so much for joining us and I hope you will play along again really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man! I LOVE IT. This is gorgeous!!!
    Thank you for entering your work to the AECP assignment gallery. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...