Friday, April 27, 2018

Watercolor Birthday Cake





I designed this card for the Inspired By All The Little Things Challenge #84.  I saw this challenge several days ago and I had so many ideas that I needed to ponder my card for a while.  I knew I wanted to make a birthday card and yesterday I decided to use my just purchased gold embossing powder for a watercolor card.  I designed it for my girly-girl sister's upcoming birthday.

Happy Day Concord and 9th Stamp set.

Here is the inspiration graphic:
Inspired By All The Little Things #84
                                                                     
For my card, I focused on:

  • The Cake Theme
  • The Pink, Turquoise/Aqua, Purple Color Scheme

Happy Day Stamps by Concord & 9th

This is my first time using this new to me stamp set - Happy Day from Concord & 9th.  I used Daniel Smith watercolors in Quinacrindone Pink, Quinacrindone Purple, Ultramarine Turquoise, and Green Gold.  The embossing powder is Ranger Princess Gold.



I am looking forward to giving this card to my sister.

UPDATE:
I am very excited that my card was chosen "Inspiring Stand Out" in the Inspired by All The Little Things" challenge!




















Thanks for stopping by,
Karen










4 comments:

  1. What a stunning card, Kenny, and a fabulous take on the photo! I have that image, too, and know it will be a classic that never gets old. It's beautiful embossed in gold and colored with these colors! Thank you for playing at Inspired By All the Little Things! (It's a pleasure to meet you! Welcome to our corner of Blogland where you will find fellow crafters to be friendly and supportive!) Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a gorgeous cake, i love using watercolours too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one gorgeous cake Karen. Fabulously colored.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...