Saturday, June 2, 2018

Experimenting with New Techniques


Lots of experimentation on this card.  I was interested in entering the Muse Challenge #268 so I spent a day thinking about what direction my card should take.  I knew I would use the floral theme, but the rest came to me in bits and pieces.


Embossed Get Well Card

Ultimately, I chose to focus on the following:

  • Pink and Green Color Scheme
  • Embossing
  • Black Sentiment Band
  • Floral Theme
What I changed:

  • I've never done pink embossing but had been thinking about trying it for a while. The pink flowers seemed to be the perfect time.  I wasn't sure if my method would work, but I used Color Box Pink Pigment Ink and clear embossed on top.  I think it turned out bright and cheery, which is a plus for a Get Well card.
  • The flower and  leaf looked bland on a white card base so I made a custom background.  Again, I've never done this before, but I used my Green Apple Inktense watercolor pencil and made a lightly striated background to complement the Copic greens.   

I used my new favorite stamp set:  Botanical Love By Create a Smile.

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

5 comments:

  1. Your flower is pretty sweet and modern. I like how the leaf has pink outline to match that of the flower. Thanks for playing at the Muse. Hugs, Sweety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Karen, and your pink embossing looks super, so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love the pop of pink against the fresh green background! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pretty flower Karen. Looks so fresh and modern. The touch of pink on leaf is so beautiful ❤️😍.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...