Friday, August 17, 2018

Masculine Get Well Card

I needed some more Get Well cards for men and decided this statement sentiment (Ranger Letter It Greetings) would be fun paired with the birds from SSS's Stacking Animals.  I thought the baby bird hanging upside added a light element to the card. I mounted my card base on a "gravel" colored card to add to the masculine theme.

Sunday Stamps has a Summer Splash Color Challenge and I used their color palette as my inspiration.

Ranger Letter It Get Well Sentiment stamp

I love Watercooler Wednesday's prompts and am also entering this card in their Masculine Card Challenge.

























Since this card features animals, I am also entering it in the current Sunny Day Challenge.

This is a CAS card and I wanted it bold so I embossed the sentiment and birds in a glossy black and then colored with Copic markers.  So fast and easy as I only used three colors:  B24, B29 and YR07.

UPDATE:  I was pleased to see this card was selected as a "Watercooler Rocker"!


Thanks for stopping by,

Karen

3 comments:

  1. Aw, so cute! What a quirky and happy card - perfect for our colors! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, what a fun clean and simple masculine card you have created. I love the bold large sentiment and quirky birds. Thank you for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday challenge this week. Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrific clean and simple card, Karen. I love the bright colours you've used. The bold, black "get well" really does give it a masculine flair while those adorable little birds fit the sentiment perfectly. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...