Saturday, March 30, 2019

Giraffe Baby Shower Card

I am going to a baby shower and the theme is giraffes.
Simon Says Stamp Stacking Animals giraffe
My friend's daughter is having a little girl so I went with a pink and yellow color theme.  SSS's Stacking animals is one of my favorite stamps sets and the giraffe always makes me smile.

I started by watercoloring a background panel with Rose Madder on Ranger Watercolor paper.  I colored the silly giraffe with Copic RV04, Y00, Y06 and Y08 and then die cut.  

My idea was to have the giraffe peeking out of a circle die cut window with the pink background.   I stamped the Stamping Bella (Baby Carriage) sentiment added some Pretty Pink Posh jewels and paired with a bright pink envelop.  This card came together very quickly.

I am entering his card in:





Looking forward to taking this card to the shower.

UPDATE:  I was excited to learn that this card was selected as the CAS on Friday Winner!  I will be a guest designer in an upcoming challenge.
Thanks for stopping by,
Karen

5 comments:

  1. Oh, your giraffe is so cute! Love how you have him peeking through the large circle. Thank you for playing in my "Animal" challenge at the Alphabet Challenge and hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card. I love pink and yellow together. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Karen, this is just adorable! Love the giraffe and your design showcases it beautifully! Thanks so much for playing in our Alphabet Challenge! Good Luck and please come back next month!

    Darlene
    Alphabet Challenge DT
    ALPHABET CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that cute giraffe! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen, what a cute card! I love the giraffe :-) Thanks for joining us at CAS on Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...