Thursday, March 5, 2020

Personalized Initial Notecards for the Altenew March Inspiration Challenge

I loved the colors in the March Altenew Inspiration Challenge.  I decided to use alcohol inks on watercolor paper.  I thought the look would be softer than Yupo paper and more in keeping with the spring theme for the challenge.
Alcohol Inks on Watercolor Paper using the embossed resist technique.

My Process:
  • I laid a stencil over the watercolor paper and inked it with Versamark ink.  Then I heat embossed with white embossing powder.  
  • Next, I used the three colors of alcohol ink from my collection that best matched the photo.  I used felt blenders and blending solution to move the color around.  I thought a few pops gold would be nice so I added that at the end.
  • After the watercolor panel was dry, I die cut the "K" from Altenew's Mega Alphabet die collection.  
  • I made two top folding A2 cards and adhered the panel with foam tape for dimension.  The "K" die cut was so beautiful that I added it to the second card.   Since the "K" was a bit smaller I trimmed down the second card to 4" x 5 1/4.
I made these personalized initial notecards for myself, but like them so much I am going to make more for gifts.  




Here is the inspiration photo:  

I love those spring greens, blues and lavenders.

Be sure to pop on over to the Altenew March Inspiration Challenge Website.

I am so pleased that you stopped by!
Karen

1 comment:

  1. I love a two for one, both cards are so fab Karen, what a lovely pattern you created with the colours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...