Wednesday, April 15, 2020

WWC267 - Karen's Challenge: Anything Goes With a Masculine Twist

Hello and welcome.  This week we are making "masculine" cards at The Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I am so pleased to be this week's hostess.  I needed a card for a friend having cancer surgery and I came up with this design.
 Baby Giraffe by Impression Obsession is one of my all time favorite stamps and I thought the sincere look on the giraffe's face could convey my well wishes.

I started by making an A2 top folding card using cold press watercolor paper.  I then heat embossed the giraffe in brown.  I mixed my own water color browns by combining purple with yellow and orange and then went to work painting.  I think the monochromatic colors work well for a man (or woman).   I am pleased with the clean CAS look.

I used a Visible Image sentiment stamp inside "Life can be tough but darling so are you."

UPDATE:  I was so pleased to see that my card was chosen as the "winner" for the Addicted to CAS challenge.

Challenges:
As You Like It Challenge: Animals or People  I love to use animals in cards and giraffes are a favorite.  One of my favorite things to do is hand feed giraffes and I have done this at zoos all over the US.  

Always Fun Challenge - CAS  I am excited about this CAS theme!

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - E is for...  Embossing.  I used brown embossing powder for my watercolor giraffe.

I am so pleased you stopped by!
Karen
Image may contain: text


6 comments:

  1. I am sure this will cheer your friend up and I hope all goes well.
    A fabulous CAS card and the giraffe looks adorable x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect for our Challenge!
    So glad that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Always Fun Challenges.
    Good luck hun and do come back again!
    Jackie DT @AFC

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this image, Karen! This sweet giraffe has such a wonderful look on his face!!! Great card! Hope you and your family are all staying safe and well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your giraffe is adorable Karen! I love the way you've positioned him leaning into the card and the perfectly placed sentiment. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card, I love the design. Thanks so much for joining us at the As you like it challenge.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the design and your wonderful giraffe. I also love how you positioned him in the corner. I know your friend will have really appreciated this fabulous card
    So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...