Monday, May 18, 2020

Altenew Academy All About Layering 2

Hello, thank you for stopping by.  Today's blog post is showcasing my class project for Altenew Academy's All About Layering 2 class.  I am using Altenew's Bride to Be stamp and die bundle.  The cute little starflowers were my favorite.
I had not used layering stamps prior to starting Altenew Academy so I continued stamping loads of images which resulted in a nice full card.  Our instructor used an acrylic block as opposed to a stamp positioner so I followed her lead and free stamped all my images.  This was great practice for me.  
I love paint splatters on other people's cards but am not usually happy with the result on my cards, so I decided to practice that technique as well.  Because of this, I went very light with the ink splatters.  I think next time I will try a few more.  Lastly, I heat embossed the sentiment for a rich shiny accent.  

I think the end result is a bright, fun and cheerful card. 

I am also playing along with:  The Happy Little Stampers "Anything Goes with Dies"

Karen



1 comment:

  1. Lovely card! Love the colours!! Excellent work!
    Thank you for entering your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...