Saturday, August 15, 2020

Altenew Academy - Magical Markers

Hello!  A little update....I haven’t made a card in the past two weeks because we moved out of our house so some renovations could be done. I did pack up a few crafting supplies and had time to finish another Altenew Academy class.  This one was called “Magical Markers” and it was taught by Sara Naumann. Sara had lots of great lessons, but I wanted to show my homework assignment from Lesson One, Metal and Alcohol Markers.  

I had never used alcohol markers on metal, but I LOVED the result.  In lesson one we used markers on Alcohol Ink Foil Tape Sheets.    

My Process:
  • Sara told us to use our alcohol markers and scribble with the broad tip on the foil. Next we spritzed the foil with rubbing alcohol.  Sara used a spray bottle but I used a paint brush dipped in rubbing alcohol.  We waited, turned the panel and spritzed/splattered again.
  • When the panel was dry, I trimmed a 1” strip and die cut some greenery and small circles.  The colored foil is bright and shiny and oh so fun to use on a card!
  • I knew bright yellow daisies would contrast nicely with the shiny green so I stamped and colored three blooms.
I made a top folding A2 card base and stamped a sentiment I thought went well with the foiled accents. The foil is great because you just peel off the backing and the adhesive sticks well to the Cardstock.  I used foam tape for the daisies for a bit of added dimension.

Pro Tips:

  • The foil cuts well with both dies and guillotine style paper trimmers.  
  • The ink color will be lighter and much brighter on the foil than it will be on Cardstock.

I think this photo captures the beautiful shine from the foil.

Altenew Featured Products:  Smile More stamp and die bundle (for flowers and sentiment)

I am so pleased that you stopped by!
Karen



4 comments:

  1. Love the effects on the foil, Karen! I imagine it's stunning in real life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shine on your foil too!! Hope you have happy thoughts with the house renovations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is GORGEOUS! Love the shine and the streaks of the marker. Nice colours too.
    Thank you for entering your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Job on this card Karen. It's just lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...