Wednesday, December 2, 2020

WWC300 - Tristan's Challenge: Anything Feminine Goes

Hello and welcome!  There is a lot of "new" on the card that I created for this week's Watercooler Wednesday challenge.  I love ink blending and have been wanting to try Altenew's Ink Blending Tool so I recently purchased the large blender and this was my first time giving it a "go".   I was immediately impressed by how well the blender worked my background.  We are making "feminine" cards this week  so I went with some fun bright coral, pink and purple for my background.  This is a new color combination for me, but I really like it and will definitely use it again.  

A while back, I won some stamps from Crackerbox and Suzy and I wanted to use their Christmas tree, which I thought was quite girly too.  

I started my project by masking off the bottom of my card panel and then began my ink blending.  I created a crude tree mask with a post-it and  added white pigment dots with a fun stamp.  After that was dry I added the script stamp.  I didn't want the script to be uniform so I dabbed off some of the ink prior to stamping.  Last, I heat embossed the the tree.  

What is new for me on this card:

Altenew's Ink Blending Tool for the background

Crackerbox and Suzy's Christmas Tree Fancy Swirl

The Distress Ink background combo (coral, raspberry, seedless preserves)

MFT's Romantic Script (I purchased this months ago but had not used it yet)


Supplies:

Crackerbox and Suzy Christmas Tree Fancy Swirl

Altenew Large Ink Blending Tool

Altenew Pinstripe (dots)

MFT Romantic Script

Hero Arts Unicorn Pigment Ink

Distress Ink:  Abandoned Coral, Pickled Raspberry and Seedless Preserves (Ink Blending)

Distress Ink: Frayed Burlap (background script)

Black heat embossing

Bristol Cardstock

I am also playing along with:

Allsorts: Christmas Flowers, Wreaths and Trees Challenge  I am playing along with my Christmas Tree.

Krafty Chicks All Occasions Challenge  I made a holiday card

Love to Craft December Anything Goes Challenge

I am so happy you stopped by!

Karen

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous in pink, Karen!! Just love the background you created for that pretty tree!! Thanks for the inspiration at Watercooler Wednesday this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very pretty colour palette and lovely design, many thanks for joining in at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Karen. Love all the techniques you used and will be CASEing this card for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Just stunning Karen! I love the wonderful ink blended background to make this simple stamp to really pop!! Love all the projects you've been sharing!! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful card. I love the “girly” color combination too. You def don’t see that for Christmas very often. That you for the inspiration. Dorlene DT Love To Craft Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...