Friday, May 28, 2021

Altenew Mixed Media Madness Hop

3D Die Cutting + Acrylic on Mixed Media Paper

Hello!  The Altenew Educators have a fun Instagram Hop called Mixed Media Madness currently underway.  There are loads of prizes and lots of inspiring projects so I hope you can hop along with us. I drew my inspiration from my backyard.  The two mixed media backgrounds are my interpretation of the water in my swimming pool and the layered die-cuts are based on my potted coral Hibiscus.  I  handcrafted all the paper used to die-cut my flowers.  

Turquoise and Coral Gelli Prints.

I have been loving layering dies lately and wanted to get out an old favorite, Altenew's Hibiscus Garden as I think it is perfect going into summer.  I used this set as the focal point for both of my cards.  

I loosely mixed turquoise, white and pale yellow acrylic paint with a brayer for my background.  The leaves are cut from painted acrylic panels of moss, spring green and pale yellow.  The Hibiscus are cut from three panels:  orange, orange + white and a panel of white with a hint of orange.  The sentiment is from Altenew's Birthday Greetings stamp set.

Altenew Mixed Media Card.

The background for my second card is similar but there was leftover blue on my gel plate.  I also added an additional layer of gold using my favorite Narrow Brick Stencil . This stencil just came out this spring, but it is already my most used stencil!  I love the subtle texture and dimension it adds.  I then die cut the panel using  Altenew's Rounded Rectangles die.  I added craft foam to the back of the panel and adhered the flower with foam tape.

Thanks for stopping by!

Karen






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...