Saturday, June 23, 2018

Ink Blending for Summertime


I was in the mood to do some ink blending and this fruit collection (Create a Smile Fruit Salad) was calling to me. This is such a fun summery stamp set and I wanted bright bold colors. 

I started by embossing 5 fruit images and then used distress inks to blend from pink (watermelon) to orange, yellow (lemons and bananas) and ended with green for a nice citrusy lime.  I wanted contrast so I mounted the fruit band on white cardstock then drew two black Sharpie lines to frame the colors.  Lastly, I mounted the card top on a black base.

Ink Blending with Distress Inks

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

TGIF Summer Inspiration Challenge which features a photo of a bright Lemonade Stand for inspiration.  I went with the bright colors and citrus theme.

Addicted to Stamps Make Your Mark Challenge   so make your mark and play along.

Create a Smile Fruit Salad.


Thanks for stopping by!
Karen






4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this card is super awesome. I love the blended bright colors and the fruits. Thanks for joining us at TGIF this week. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous and bright and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delicious summer coloured ink blend Karen and your fruit look beautiful against that background.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful card. Love the amazing ink blendedng! Thank you for joining us at the ATSM challenges. Hoping to see you again soon. Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...