Wednesday, February 20, 2019

WWC209 - Marsha's Masculine "Anything Goes" Challenge


Masculine cards are usually the most difficult for me and I needed one for my brother's birthday.  I love dragonflys and thought it would be fun to emboss a series across the page in Nuvo Hot Chocolate Embossing powder.
Nuvo Hot Chocolate Embossing Powder

Last summer I won first place in AAA 4th Birthday CAS Challenge and the prize was a generous gift certificate to Visible Image's shop.  I did not have any of their stamps and I picked out 4 sets including this one called Live in the Moment.


I colored the wings with Copic markers (Y17, YG01, YG03). I then made an accent strip using Altenew Espresso Crisp Dye Ink and mounted it on a Kraft card.


For more masculine card inspiration pop over to Watercooler Wednesday's Masculine Anything Goes Challenge

I am entering this card in:

The Male Room Anything Goes Challenge  I think the images and colors are very masculine.  And for the optional twist, I did not use any designer paper.  I did hand ink the espresso accent strip. 
 Grab our button for your blog

Cardz for Guys Challenge  Not sure if this is a wild animal, but it is a creature found in the wild.  
  Cardz 4 Guyz LogoThis is my first time entering this challenge.

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

6 comments:

  1. Love that embossing powder and the colours of you dragonflies Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used those VI stamps. Great colouring too.
    Thanks for sharing with us at The Male Room.
    Linby x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you have chosen to join in the fun at Cardz4guyz. Your card is certainly very striking. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love to see masculine cards that are non traditional and this is one of them. I absolutely love it....so creative and a perfect masculine card x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dragnflies are awesome, sadly I agree I too, I wouldn't call them wild animals. I am thrilled you have joined us for the first time and we hope to see you join us again, we have lots and lots of challenges for male persons. Thanks for playing along with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card :-)) Thanks for playing along with us at The Male Room. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...