Wednesday, March 20, 2019

WWC213 - Karen's Masculine "Anything Goes" Challenge

What a day....it is my turn to host Watercooler Wednesday's Anything Goes Masculine Challenge!  I am very excited.  :-)

Image may contain: one or more people and text

I recently purchased a die cutting machine (Gemini Junior) and ordered this fun die cutting set from Spellbinders.  This card is for my new son-in-law.  He drives a pick-up truck, so I thought this would be perfect for him.

I started by die cutting a kraft card base (Sugar Pea Design Builder).  I used Nuvo Hot Cholcolate embossing powder for the sentiment (Ranger Letter It Birthday).  Next, I cut out all the truck pieces using Bohemia Blue Bird "All Boy" card stock (coordinating double sided paper).   I enjoyed the die cutting and paper selection.  I wanted dimension so I used foam tape for the truck body and then an additional layer of foam tape for the license plate and bumper.  I tucked in a few gifts die cut from scrap paper I had left over.  The ribbons on two of the packages are light green but they did not photograph well.

Spellbinders October 2018 Large Die Kit





Masculine card featuring a blue truck.

I am entering this card in:
Cardz 4 Guyz "To Die for Challenge"  I lost track of how many dies I used on this card, but I think my son-in-law will really like the card.
Cardz 4 Guyz Logo
 Happy Little Stampers "Die" Challenge  I've never made a card with so many dies before, it was kind of like doing a fun puzzle.



The Male Room "Do It Yourself Challenge"  This card is for my son-in-law. He drives a pickup and for Christmas he asked for tools so he could do maintenance and repairs himself.  So we got him a variety of DIY tools.


Brown Sugar Transportation Challenge - A pick-up is my husband's primary mode of transportation.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge  I think this little pick-up is as "cute" as can be!


Thanks for stopping by!  I truly hope to see your masculine creation on the Watercooler Website.

Karen

7 comments:

  1. A car full of DIY presents - perfect! Thanks for playing at The Male Room, hope to see you joining in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super sweet take on our "CUTE" challenge this week! Love your design!!! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! /Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card - love it :) This diecut set is now on my wishlist ;)
    Creative greetings,
    Eunice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, love the diecut. Thanks for joining us this month for our "Transport Challenge at The Brown Sugar Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great take on our DIY theme Kenny! I cannot imagine a better birthday gift for a guy than a car full of tools! Thank you for playing along at The Male Room Craft Challenge and I really hope to see your creations in our future galleries :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great masculine card! Thanks for sharing your work with The Male Room. I hope you'll be inspired by our next challenge too!
    Regards,
    Maja DT
    My blog: Rilcek in Kljuncek

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great masculine card!
    Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
    Susan
    DT for AG with Dies
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...