Wednesday, June 5, 2019

WWC224 - Karen's Feminine "Anything Goes" Challenge

Hello there!  Today I am hosting Watercooler Wednesday's #224 - Karen's Feminine "Anything Goes" Challenge and I am so pleased you stopped by.  

I've been playing with alcohol inks and had some scraps I wanted to use to make into a floral card.  I just ordered these fun floral die-cuts (Newton's Nook Flower Trio) for this idea.  
Die cut alcohol ink flowers using Newton's Nook Floral Trio Die
I started by die cutting the parts to each flower/leaf and then assembled.  I wanted a textured background so I used an embossing folder (Sizzix/Tim Holtz Alterations) on a neutral cardstock panel.  I like that there are different sizes of "dots" as well as empty spaces.  I also diecut my sentiment from an alcohol ink scrap.  I added the  dry embossed panel to a white A2 card and then added the flowers with foam dots for added dimension.  I like this cheery card and it is going to my mom on her birthday.  Red is her favorite color so I thought she would like to top bloom.

I am entering this card in Alphabet Challenge "E is for Embossing Folder".  I love the texture that embossing folders add to a project.

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

Image may contain: one or more people and text

3 comments:

  1. A gorgeous CAS card, I love the embossing folder you have used. Thank you for sharing with us at the Alphabet Challenge, and hope you can join us again soon ~ Janice DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes such a cheery card, full of colour and texture. The alcohol ink colours look fabulous and love the texture from the embossing folder too. Your mum is going to love it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely card. The colours are brilliant and the flowers and foliage work really well cut from alcohol inked scraps. I love it xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...