Wednesday, July 17, 2019

WWC230 - Kath's Masculine "Anything Goes" Challenge

Hello and Welcome! This week it is all about the men in our lives and Kath is our hostess for our challenge at  Watercooler Wednesday.

A Handmade Woodland Diorama card with forest and deer.
I took a Copic class with Laura Griffin and we made diorama cards.  The card is three Copic colored panels that are stacked.  The only stamping is on the sentiment, the rest is coloring Memory Box "Sapling Collage" and Woodland Glimpse" die cuts.
  1. We started by coloring the sky with Copic markers on the bottom panel.  I used two colors of blue, but the color variation did not photograph well. 
  2. Next, we colored the tree undergrowth die cut layer and then the top foliage die cut layer.  We distressed the edge of the top layer for a more masculine rough-hewn look.
  3. We colored the cute deer (Creative Expressions Sue Wilson "Woodland Collection, Forest Animals) with Copics and then added white gel accents. 
  4. We assembled the card: White card, then green mat, then sky layer,  undergrowth and then top cover.  The undergrowth and top layer were adhered using foam squares for a diorama effect.
  5.   Next, I inserted the deer in the forest.  
  6. I wanted this to be a birthday card so I stamped the sentiment and die cut with a banner.
I think the card turned out very well.  The card has a lot of dimension because of all the layers and foam adhesive.

Thanks for stopping by!

Karen
Image may contain: text

1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...