Saturday, November 9, 2019

Ink Smooshing with Altenew Mega Alphabet Die

I felt inspired by Altenew's November Inspiration Challenge and those lovely pink flowers.  I just received several Altenew Mega Alphabet dies plus Altenew's large thanks die and wanted to play with them.  I was thinking thank you notes and personalized stationary.

I decided ink smooshing on the Mega "T" die would be interesting.  I applied two shades of distress ink: Spun Sugar and Pickled Raspberry to a 6x6" acrylic block and then sprayed with water.  I put the spun sugar at the bottom and the pickled raspberry at the top because I wanted gradient color.  I put the ink/water side onto watercolor paper, weighted it down with a book and let it sit for 5 minutes.  When that was done, I took a piece of cardstock and sopped up the remaining color for my background panel. I wanted the same colors but in a more muted watercolor look.  There is a bit of pinkish linen in the color swatch so I did the same smooshing technique with Antique Linen.  After the watercolor paper was dry, I die cut the "T".  I also die cut the "Thanks" die cut from Elm Green textured paper that matched the color in the inspiration color swatch.  I then die cut small flowers from the antique linen, and pink watercolor panels.  The leaves were left over from a previous project and I thought they added to the layout. 

I assembled the card by putting the second generation sopped up ink smooshed panel behind a die cut cover and then arranged the die-cut elements.  

I always give my mom a packet of cards for Christmas and I think I am going to include this one.  

I am pleased to be entering this card in Altenew's November Challenge.


I am so pleased that you stopped by!
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...