Wednesday, June 10, 2020

WWC275 - Karen's Challenge: All About Occasions

Hello!  I am so pleased you stopped by.  Today we are showcasing "Occasion" cards at The Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I am this week's hostess.

Offset Ink blended background:  squeezed lemonade, mustard seed, twisted citron, cracked pistachio, salty ocean and blueprint sketch
I recently won several stamps from Crackerbox and Suzy and this is my first card with my new haul.  I think the tree is just gorgeous.  I have been doing a lot of ink blending lately and knew this tree would be perfect for this technique.  I started by masking off a 1 1/2" border on the left of the card and then started ink blending from the bottom right to the top left.  I was very heavy handed and put down a lot of ink.  I added a navy mat as I didn't want the clean white swath to fade into the card base.
Supplies Used:
Crackerbox and Suzy Tree Whimsey stamp
The Greetery Crimped Frame die
Distress Inks:  Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio, Salty Ocean, Blueprint Sketch
Neenah cardstock
Navy Mat
Versafine Onyx Black Pigment Ink
Clear Embossing Powder
SSS Birthday Mix 1 sentiment stamp and die
Masking tape

NBUS Challenge - This is my first time to use Crackerbox and Suzy's beautiful Tree Whimsy stamp.

I am so pleased that you stopped by!
Karen 








4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Karen, love that tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colours Karen! Gorgeous elegant card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous thoughtful design, Karen! I love that you left a masked swathe of white on part of the background and blended bold bright colors on the other. It really makes the tree pop as you intended! I also love the hash mark border and matting! Keep well and thank you so much for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell (I love that our two cards compliment each other side-by-side in the gallery!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darnell, I noticed the same thing...our cards look fabulous together! I just stumbled upon NBUS but will definitely join in again. Thanks for organizing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...