Sunday, June 7, 2020

Altenew Academy - Irresistable Inking

Hello and welcome!  I've been working my way through Altenew Academy's Irresistible Inking class and I wanted to share this card.  Sara Naumann is the instructor and she provided loads of inking details, tips and techniques to make cards more interesting.  I used three of these techniques on my card.  After watching all the videos, I was inspired to make a vintage look masculine card.
A vintage look masculine card featuring Altenew Garden Grow stamps.
My Process:
  1. I started by using the stamp block inking technique we learned in Class #3.  I took a square acrylic block, inked it with Altenew Sand Dunes ink, spritzed with water and then stamped on a Bristol cardstock panel.  Sand Dunes was a great ink to use because it looks vintage but it is light enough to color over.   I was going for a rustic, uneven masculine effect.  
  2. I popped out to have a latte and once the panel was dry, I stamped the planter on the inked square and then colored with Zig markers.
  3. I trimmed the panel down and then inked around the edges (lesson #4) of the square with the same Sand Dunes ink.  This is very subtle but the inking frames the vignette and gives a little more  definition to the card.  
  4. I also block stamped the Sand Dunes on a scrap of Bristol cardstock so the sentiment strip would coordinate with the square panel.  I  inked the edges of the sentiment strip and then heat embossed the sentiment.   
  5. I made a top folding A2 card out of Bristol cardstock and then used a small paint brush to make Sand Dunes splatters over the card base.
  6. I adhered the square panel and sentiment to the card base with foam tape.

Supplies:
Altenew Garden Grow stamp set
Altenew Sand Dunes ink (background, edges and paint splatters)
Square Acrylic Block
#2 paint brush
Small Spray Mister
Bristol cardstock
Zig Markers (Deep Red, Wine Red, Pale Rose, Oatmeal, Dark Oatmeal, Olive, Mid Green, May Green and blender)
Versamark Ink (planter and sentiment)
clear embossing powder.
Foam Tape

I am also playing along with:

With all the social distancing, I have been staying home a lot more than usual and these Altenew Academy classes have been the perfect activity for me to grow my card making skills.

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely card! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card!
    Thank you for entering this to the AECP assignment gallery. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...