Wednesday, July 22, 2020

WWC281 - Heidi's Challenge: All About Occasions

Hello and welcome!  This is my design team card for Watercooler Wednesday's All About Occasions Challenge and Heidi is our hostess.

I've created a birthday card using a faux watercoloring technique.  I used bright summer colors and added a bold birthday sentiment die-cut using navy cardstock. 

Supplies Used:
Altenew Inked Lotus stamp and die bundle
Altenew Golden Peach Embossing Powder
Distress Inks:  Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Carved Pumpkin, Pickled Raspberry, Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn
Simon Says Stamp Happy Birthday die cut
Picket Fences Blending Brushes
Watercolor Paper
Navy Cardstock (for sentiment die cut)
Cream A2 card base

I am also playing along at:
The Flower Challenge: Summer or Fall I love summer and used bright, happy colors that I associate with summer.


Inspired By "Pretty Blossoms"  I was inspired by the floral theme and the colors in the bouquet.

I am so pleased you stopped by and hope to see your card in our challenge gallery.

Karen

7 comments:

  1. This is beautiful...that diecut sentiment really makes this gorgeous floral stand out! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Paper Players this week as we celebrate 500 challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that gorgeous Lotus image of Altenew's you've used for this card, Karen. Such a fun image to bring to life with those vivid colours and heat embossing. Adding the simple navy die-cut sentiment is the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your flower is just stunning! And a die cut sentiment is one of my favorite things and yours works perfectly! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at The Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flower and I love the faux water coloring technique. So glad you were able to join us and help us celebrate our 500th Paper Players challenge.
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  5. This bright, happy flowers makes me think of Summer, Karen! I love this image and have just bought it. Can't wait to use it! Love it in the blues too! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Inked Lotus has quickly become a favorite of mine. Looking forward to seeing what you create with yours.

      Delete
  6. I love the elegance of this card. Thanks for joinIng us at The Flower Challenge, Cara DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...