Wednesday, August 19, 2020

WWC285 - Karen's Challenge: Anything Goes with a Masculine Twist

Hello and welcome!  I am so pleased to be hosting this week's "Masculine Challenge" at the Watercooler Wedenesday Challenge. My husband's birthday is coming up and this is the card I created for him. I was going for a playful summery card.  
My process:
  • I started out by inkblending over a stencil to create the background panel.
  • I then ink blended another small panel for the circle die-cut inserts.  I let both panels dry for a few hours.
  • I die cut the decorative wave border and then three circles from a piece of white card stock.
  • I then die cut three ink-blended circles from the small panel.
  • I stamped, Copic colored  and die cut the animals.
  • I adhered the white panel to the blue background using foam tape. I also used foam tape to add the colored circle inserts for an inlaid look.  I popped on the animals with foam squares and added the sentiment.
My husband loves animal die-cuts so I think he will really like the card. 

Supplies Used:
My Favorite Things Lucky Dog
Simon Says Stamp Stacking Animals
Sugar Pea Designs Element Builder (wave border)
Simon Says Stamp Grid Stencil
Simon Says Stamp Stitched Circle dies
Distress Ink
Bristol Card Stock for ink blending
XPress It Card Stock for the animals
Copic Markers

I am also playing along with:
Inspired By “Critters” Challenge My husband loves critters, dog etc. so that is the theme of my birthday card.


AAA Birthday “Tic Tac Toe” I went with bright (summery colors), embossing (sentiment) and masculine (for my husband).

UPDATE:  I was so pleased to see my card was selected "Top 3"  at The AAA Birthday Challenge. 

I am so pleased that you stopped by!
Karen

8 comments:

  1. Such a fun fab card Karen. Bet your hubby loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun card, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts 'Summer Fun' theme.

    B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card Karen, love those colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such an awesome caed design and I love the fun images and bright summery colours. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute and I love the fun colours and CAs layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is going to make someone so very happy, this is SO cute, and your colors are so fun! Thank you for inspiring us @ IB this week, can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure your husband loved this one, Karen! Love the colours, clever design and cute little critters!! I hope all is well with you and the family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so adorable! Thank you for joining us at AAA Birthday challenge. Hope to see you again soon. Tina DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...