Sunday, September 27, 2020

Finding and Incorporating Inspiration Into Your Project

Hello, hello and welcome!  Today I am blogging about a fascinating class I took at Altenew Academy called Mission Inspiration. Nicole Watt was our instructor and instead of focusing on technique, this class was all about finding inspiration for our creations.  

For this post I wanted to use a combination of color and layout inspiration for my cards.  I envisioned a trio layout with color selection coming from Pinterest.  Nicole had great ideas for searching for "color combos" and I found this quite fun! I also decided to work on staging and styling my photographs and I am pleased with the result.


I loved the graphic below and used the red, orange, citronella green and teal as the color inspiration for my card. 



I hand inked the background because I thought the result was more vibrant than the colored card stock I tried first. The center of the flower is a fun enamel dot.




The second card is very similar but I used three flowers from the same stamp set and a different color inspiration graphic.

Here is the inspiration swatch for my second card.

Again, I ink blended the background and then colored the blooms in melon and pink.  The centers are enamel dots which adds a fun detail to the card.
Here are the cards together and I think they are a bright and happy duo.  Inspiration is everywhere and I will be drawing on these six classes as I create in the future.

Altenew Products Used: Link Here

Altenew Doodle Blooms

Altenew Pinstripe (sentiment)

Altenew New Day Enamel Dots

Altenew Jet Black Crisp Die Ink

Altenew Envelope Variety Pack


I am also playing along with:

As You Like It "Bright or Pastel"  I almost always go with bright on my cards because I love bold colors.  :-)

Thank you for stopping by!

Karen

4 comments:

  1. You've made a beautiful triple Twofer, Karen, and I love them both! Well done with your informative post and using the color challenges. And bravo for your photography staging and styling! Take care! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a lovely, clean and simple style with pops of colour and I love it!! You create in a way that the white space draws the eyes directly to the focal point. And every time it looks balanced! Well done.
    Thank you for entering your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with Erum, your clean style is very eye catching. The bright colors you have chosen absolutely pop in contrast to the white. Thanks so much for sharing with us at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done! Thank you so much for joining in with the AYLI challenge. Your make is perfect for the brights or pastels theme. Hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Squirrel x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...