Wednesday, October 21, 2020

WWC294 - Marsha's Challenge: Anything Goes With a Masculine Twist

 

Hello, hello and welcome!  This week we are creating masculine cards at Watercooler Wednesday.  I've made a fun mixed media card using Altenew's Mega T Aphabet die and thanks die.

My Process:
  • I started with a 140 lb weight watercolor panel and then die cut the T. 
  • With a wide rough brush (I used a house painting trim brush) I applied a layer of gesso and then dried. 
  • Using a Carved Pumpkin mini distress ink cube I dabbed orange on the panel in random locations.  
  • I sprayed Iridescent Shimmer Spray to the panel which moved the distress ink around a bit and then dried with a heat tool.
  • I added another layer of randomly dabbed Carved Pumpkin Distress Ink which I again activated with the shimmer spray and then dried.
  • I then mixed gesso with Mermaid Lagoon distress ink and applied with a strip of cardstock for a rustic feel.  I then tinted the gesso a bit darker with the same distress ink and applied a bit more with the cardstock strip.  This way I have two shades of aqua on the card which I think gives added interest. Dry.
  • I dabbed a bit of Versamark ink on the panel, sprinkled on gold embossing powder and rubbed off most of it so that there were just touches of gold on the panel.  I heat set.
  • I die cut the thanks die from turquoise card stock.
  • I added the T panel to a cream colored A2 cardbase and glued on the sentiment.
This thank you card was so fun to make! There is a gorgeous shimmery sheen that does not photograph well, but the card just glows in person.

I am also playing along with:


Simon Says Stamp "Layer It Up"  I used 7 layers of gesso, distress ink, shimmer spray, embossing powder plus two die cut layers.  

I am so glad that you stopped by!
Karen 

10 comments:

  1. Hi Karen! We love seeing your card in our gallery at The Card Concept, but I did not see any mention of our challenge in your blog post (possibly an oversight)?.
    We would be disappointed if we could not include your fabulous card when the time comes for our DT to vote for their favorites. Would you be willing to modify your blog post to include our challenge link and the inspiration photo? If so, we can include your card in the mix when we vote :-) Hugs and thanks again for playing along with us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, Well that is embarrassing...I thought I linked to The Card Concept Challenge. I just went in and added the link. If it isn't too late, I would love to be included in the voting for this challenge. Sorry for the oversight.

      Delete
  2. You rocked our fall colors challenge...and did it without leaves or pumpkins!! Way to go!! Thanks for playing along with our challenge over at Cardz 4 Guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is s brilliant idea for a guy card. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous thank you card, Karen - just love your background; thanks for sharing how you created it!! Thanks for the inspiration at Watercooler Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! What a lot of work went into this wonderful background, Karen, but it was sooo worth it! It is an amazing background for the huge die cut!! I always want to do more mixed media, but never seem to get to it!! Hopefully, you've inspired me!! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, love how you did it too thanks for sharing the process but also thanks for sharing at Cardz4Guyz Challenge.
    Cindy DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! Beautiful mix of colors~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you did the fabulous and creative background and what a stunner of a masculine card x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that background! Thank you for listing the steps-I never thought to add ink to gesso. You can really see the two shades of mermaid and it does help give the background depth. I also think it's cool how you did the gold embossing powder. Awesome card! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...