Friday, February 26, 2021

Altenew Certified Educators Instagram Blog Hop

Layered Floral Die-Cutting with Altenew’s Cosmos Kit

 I am so excited to be participating in my first Altenew Educator Hop!  I LOVE this month's Cosmos Craft-A-Flower Kit and wanted to create another bright springy card.  Here is a LINK to my first card.  

Die-cut watercolored pink flowers

Mixed Media Background

I made a background using the recently released Narrow Brick Stencil.  I mixed Texture Embossing Paste and Shimmer Spray which I then tinted with diluted purple Watercolor from the 36 pan set.  I repeated this and added diluted pink watercolor to a second pile of embossing paste.  I then ran this over the stencil in random locations.  The two colors of brick are the same colors I used on the flowers.  

Altenew Cosmos kit

Water Coloring Panels for Die-Cutting

On two panels of watercolor paper,  I brushed on bold watercolors from the 36 pan set.  I dried the panels and added a second layer so I had really saturated color.  Here is a photo of the three panels I used to make this card.

Before I begin die-cutting I like to take a permanent pen and mark the layering dies with a #1 and #2 for each flower.  It just takes just a minute but then it is so much easier to keep up with the little pieces. After I die cut, I also write the corresponding number on the back of the die-cut in pencil in case they get mixed up on my workspace.  
Pink die-cut flowers with mixed media background
These flowers are so easy to assemble and make such a gorgeous showy flower.  I used liquid glue and foam tape to assemble my card.  To finish, I added Tea Party Enamel Dots.

We would love for you to hop with us!  My Instagram Handle is: @karens_mini 

There are beautiful cards and prizes too....check it out!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Karen

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely stunning Karen! I'm always amazed by these layered blooms and love the added dimension of the paste stencilling. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...