Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Impression Obsession Rainbow Giraffe

Hello and thank you for stopping by!  I am very excited about this bright fun card!
One of my most used and loved stamps is Impression Obsession Baby Giraffe.  I came up with the idea of watercoloring each "spot" with two colors and then letting them organically blend.  I knew that giraffes spots are all unique like human fingerprints, so I thought a vibrant rainbow giraffe would be fun to create.

I started by embossing in brown on watercolor paper and then selected bright watercolor hues.  I made four cards changing the look with gold and black embossing and whats fun is that it is impossible to create identical cards.  It reminds me of working with alcohol inks. I wanted to keep the design clean and simple so that the focus was on the giraffe with rainbow colors.    I matted on a neutral card base and it is ready to send.

Casology's Africa Challenge - Giraffes are definitely my favorite African animal and I have to say that  I LOVE hand feeding giraffes lettuce leaves.+

Happy Little Stampers "Bright" Watercolor Challenge


Karen

UPDATE:My card was selected: 




14 comments:

  1. I love the way you colored this gorgeous giraffe! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I loved the Africa prompt this week. :-)

      Delete
  2. An amazing project. I love the light in your card. A great selection of colors and excellent watercolors technique. This giraffe looks stunning
    Thank you for joining our challenge at HLS Watercolor.
    hugs,
    BożenA DT HLS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had so much fun with this project!

      Delete
  3. I just love this modern take too Karen! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen. I've been on a giraffe kick but love the cards I've created.

      Delete
  4. Cool, creative and so fun, Karen ... what a fabulous rainbow giraffe ... all those blended colours are fantastic! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes... so bright and such fun. What an adorable image and love the fabulous water colour effect. Stunning card x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your colouring is fabulous! Such a fun and happy card. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers for the Watercolour Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I always enjoy the Happy Little Stampers Challenges.

      Delete
  7. SO COOL! Love your colourful giraffe. Thanks for joining in the fun as CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...