Wednesday, January 8, 2020

WWC253 - Karen's Challenge: Anything Goes With A Feminine Twist

Hello and welcome!  I can't believe it is a new year...and a new decade.  This week we are making "feminine" cards at The Watercooler Wednesday Challenge Website and I am the hostess.

I ordered some Altenew Mega Alphabet dies and the Altenew Large Thanks sentiment so I could make some thank you cards.  I wanted a bright happy card so I decided to do some "ink smooshing". 

 I started by making two inked panels.  Here was my technique:
  1. I liberally inked an 6x6" acrylic block with Distress Inks.  I wanted an ombre gradient look so went in rows across the page.
  2.  I sprayed the inked block with water 
  3. "Smooshed" the block onto a piece of watercolor paper
  4. Weighted the ink/block with a book for 5 minutes
  5. Uncovered.  If the ink pooled, I dabbed with a paper towel.
  6. I made a "second generation" panel for the background by taking a piece of Bristol Cardstock and soaking up the excess ink on my work space.    I had never done this before but I like having a softer but coordinated background for my card.  
Panel one was made with Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio, Twisted Citron and Mustard Seed.  

Panel two (thanks) was Abandoned Coral, Carved Pumpkin and Mustard Seed.

After the panels were dry, I die cut the "T", thanks and floral images (Spellbinder's Month 7 Die of the Month and Newton's Nook Flower Trio die). I also die cut Sunny Studio's Frilly Frame to go over my second generation background.  I used Gina K Connect glue to adhere everything to the A2 card.    

I am pleased with this bright vibrant card.  

I am entering this card in:
As You Like It Thanks Challenge

Dies R Us Challenge I used Spellbinders floral dies.

Always Fun Something New Challenge  I made a second generation ink smooshing panel to coordinate with my die cuts.  I had never thought to coordinate like this in the past.  

Alphabet Challenge Try Something New I made a second generation ink smooshing panel to coordinate with my die cuts. I had never thought to coordinate like this in the past. 

UPDATE:  I was very pleased to be chosen "Top 3" at As You Like It!



I would love to see YOUR creation in our challenge.

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen
Image may contain: one or more people and text

7 comments:

  1. Brilliant make and use of your second generation panel, love the colours and your use of dies, thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card with those fabulous colors!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Dies R Us!
    Diane DRU DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely card. I can't resist Altenew stuff. I'm addicted to them. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that big Alphabet Die, Karen! Your card is gorgeous - great colours which are so fresh, clean and perfect for a Thank You card! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Karen, love that background and die.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderfully bright and fun card this is! Love that giant letter and how you used it. Thanks so much for linking up to the DRU "Anything Goes" challenge. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete

  7. This is such a lovely way to express gratitude, thanks so much for sharing your make with us for this AYLI challenge. Hope to see you at the next one too! Squirrel Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...