Wednesday, July 15, 2020

WWC280 - Kath's Challenge: Anything Goes with a Masculine Twist



Hello and welcome.   We are making "masculine" cards this week at The Watercooler Wednesday and this is my design team card.  I was in need of some masculine get well cards and came up with this idea.  
I started by stamp block inking, but I used a minimal amount of water to get this speckled look.  I made a similar background (same ink color but more water here).  I trimmed the panel down and then inked the edges with the same ink as the background to give the panel a bit more definition.  I added a sentiment and then stamped, Copic colored and die cut the plant and snail and attached with foam tape.  I like how the card turned out.
Supplies Used:
Altenew Garden Grow
Papertrey Get Well Soon Sentiemnt
acrylic block to stamp the background
Altenew Sand Dunes Crisp Die Ink for background and edges
Copic Markers
Neenah cardstock
Foam tape

I am playing along at:


Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

8 comments:

  1. Love your card and the background that you created; great inspiration!

    Thank you for joining us at Cut it Up for our Create Your Background Paper challenge.

    Treva
    www.scrappint.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, the little snail is so cute! Thanks for joining in at Cardz 4 Guys.
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Karen, love that background - I always use too much water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an interesting way to create a background. I've never tried that before. (I followed your link to the other card - also stunning!)

    I like the ink color you chose. It looks like dirt that spilled when the plant was re-potted. The snail is an adorable touch!

    Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up for our Create Your Own Background Paper challenge!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your splattered background. It goes perfect with this stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stamp block inked background is very effective, Karen! I love the way this technique looks! A great card! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great card - love the background you created.

    Thanks for sharing it with us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A super crisp card, loving the image. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...