Wednesday, January 13, 2021

WWC304 - Kath's Challenge: All About Occasions

 

Hello and welcome!  This is my design team card for Watercooler Wednesday's "All About Occasions" Challenge.  Kath is our hostess.

I wanted to make a mixed media card and this is the bold look I came up with.  I started by spreading gesso on the cardstock with a card.  I let it dry and then used diluted watercolors to paint my background.  After the panel was dry, I spritzed it with shimmer spray,  which gives the background a pretty sheen.  Next I stamped with the script background stamp.  I finished by heat embossing the tree.  I wanted a lot of texture so I heat embossed the tree twice. 

Supplies:
Crackerbox and Suzy Tree Whimsy Stamp
Frayed Burlap Distress Ink (for script)
Gesso
Watercolor
Black Heat Embossing

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful and vibrant scene! I wasn't sure if a sympathy card would count as an occasion, but after seeing your DT card I think I may link up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning card, Karen!! Adore your background for that beautiful tree. Thanks for the inspiration at Watercooler Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these beautiful vibrant colours, Karen! I'm sure it looks truly amazing IRL with the heat embossing! So eye-catching!! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous, Karen!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...