Sunday, April 25, 2021

Spellbinder's Stained Glass Bouquet

Hello!  I've been playing with  Spellbinders new Stained Glass dies and found them to be really fun to create with!    I have two cards to share with you today and I think they are both so happy and  cheerful.

Faux Stained Glass Inlay Technique for papercraftersInlay Stained Glass Die Cutting

I started by ink blending three panels for my stained glass in-lay: 

  • a coral gradient of soft pink, hot pink and orange
  • two greens
  • aqua blue
I let the panels dry and then began die-cutting. 
  • I used the square die to cut a 4 1/4" square while at the same time using the circle die to cut an opening in the center.  I stamped my sentiment near the bottom.
  • Using a tape runner, I adhered craft foam to the back of the square panel with the circle cut.
  • I folded a fabric softener sheet into fourths and then placed on top of the circle die cut so the small pieces would not stick to the die.
  • I then die cut the circle from black and then again from the three ink blended panels.  
  • I carefully put the black frame in the circle and then added the aqua, pink and green inlay pieces.  The tape runner adhessive was there to secure all the inlay pieces. 
  • I made a 4 3/4" x 4 3/4" square card and then attached my stain glass panel.  
I like that the pink/coral gradient gives subtly different tulip colors.


Supplies:
I decided to make a second card using the remaining inkblended panels from card #1.  
Papercraft Floral Inlay Diecutting Technique

  • I die cut the flower and leaf skeleton in white and then cut each base from white.  I glued the skeleton to the base with a tape runner again.  
  • I then cut the flower from the coral panel and the leaves from the green panel.  With the colored pieces still in the die, I flipped the die over and guided the pieces into the corresponding cavities.  This actually works really well for the small pieces.  
  • I dry embossed the plaid background.
  • The accent strip was cut from the coral ink blended panel and then glued to the embossed panel.
  • I used the circle die from the first kit for a spotlight circle and then attached the elements with foam tape.Supplies:
  • Spellbinders Be Leave Me Stained Glass Bouquet Dies
  • Spellbinders Plaid Embossing Folder
  • Spellbinders Tulip Trio Stained Glass Bouquest Etched Dies (diecut circle spotlight)
  • Hand Inked Panels for Inlay
  • Craft Foam
  • Tape Runner
  • Enamel Dots
I love the clean bright white and warm summery colors on this card.  I would love to hear which card you like best.

Karen



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...