Sunday, April 18, 2021

Spellbinder's Sweet Street By Tina Smith Layer Cake Surprise Birthday Cards

 Hello!  I just received my Sweet Street order from Spellbinders  and had so much fun creating yummy birthday cards!  The dies emboss and cut so there is loads of texture on each card.   I made four cards with two different background colors....white and navy.   I also used my favorite border die, Spellbinder's Essential Rectangle Dies, on all four cards.

The first two cards are really fun as they are interactive....pull the candle and the layers telescope out. This first card I assembled with foam tape for added dimension.

 Don't you just love that cute little "Make a Wish" tag? The tag is part of the layer cake die set and the companion sentiments fit perfectly on the tag.  The navy interactive card was assembled with liquid glue, the other three were assembled with foam tape.

I made a second set of quick and easy cards that are not interactive.  I die cut just the base cake and frosting and assembled with foam tape for dimension.   I don't think you can ever have too many birthday sentiments, and this set is full of yummy word stamps.

This card was my husband's favorite because he always chooses chocolate cake!

I love the navy background with the pastel cake.

Supplies Used:

Spellbinder's Layer Cake Surprise Dies

Spellbinder's Sugar Coated Sentiments

Spellbinder's Essential Rectangle Dies

Spellbinder's Month 7 Die of The Month - Embellishment on Icing (older discontinued die)


I would love to hear which card is your favorite.

Karen







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...