Thursday, July 1, 2021

Spellbinders Beautiful Sentiment Vignettes Die Cut Cards

Hi there, Karen Brown here and I am so excited to be on The Spellbinders Blog today!  I have three projects from The Beautiful Sentiment Vignettes Collection by Becca Feeken.  This is a lovely set and each card makes such an elegant statement.  The projects would be so pretty in gold and white, but I went a bit more bold with black and teal frames and then mixed in colorful floral die cuts. 


BIRTHDAY WISHES VIGNETTE
I used the Birthday Wishes Vignette Etched Dies on this first card and I went with fun summery colors.   I die cut the frame twice using Teal Topaz cardstock.  I then  stacked the die-cuts and glued them together to add a bit more dimension.  

Topaz Teal

Using Petite Floral Potpourri Etched Dies, I die cut a bunch of flowers and leaves in a variety of colors from Spellbinder's Assorted Cardstock Pack and then started trying different layouts. 


    I layered different sizes and types of petals and like the effect.  I love that there are so many beautiful combinations.  To finish the card, I added some small crystal gems to the flower centers. 

I used an A7 card base that I made out of white cardstock.   This is a big showy card and I can’t wait to send it!

ROMANTIC CHARGEOUR VIGNETTE
Waterfall aquaa cardstock
I went for a dramatic look on my second card.  This Romantic Changeour Die has such lovely detail and I think the black frame over the Waterfall cardstock is very striking.  The card base is 5 x 7”. 

The Petite Flower Potpourri flowers and greenery are the perfect accents for the frames.  I added some enamel dots to the flower centers for additional interest and dimension.  I love the sentiment from Sugar Coated Sentiments.

BLESS YOUR HEART STAINED GLASS INLAY DIECUTTING

Blue, Pink and Yellow stained glass inlay die cutting

As soon as I saw the Bless Your Heart Vignette, I knew I wanted to do some inlaid die cutting.  I was going for a stained glass effect.

I die cut the frame in black and then again in Raindrop blue, Haystack yellow and Dahlia pink.  I used the outer frame to die-cut my white base  so I could inset the black frame for my inlay.  Next, I inlaid the pink heart, blues and yellow.  Initially, I had more yellow in my design, but decided I wanted more of the serene blue so I ended up using just six accent pieces of yellow for a bit of contrast.  

I am so pleased you stopped by!   If you have another moment, I would love to hear which is your favorite card. Happy crafting!

Karen



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...