Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Quick and Simple Cards

Hello, hello and welcome!  I just completed Laurie Willison's Altenew Academy Class called Quick and Simple Cards and I wanted to share two of my creations.  I love making backgrounds and both of these cards focus on the backgrounds.   This first card was my homework assignment for Faux Watercoloring.  


I recently purchased  Altenew's Block Print stamp set and thought it would be fun to "faux watercolor".  The stamp set has four vingettes and I loved this one with diagonal and vertical lines.  I inked up the stamp with Carved Pumpkin, Candied Apple and Seedless Preserves Distress Inks and then spritzed with water. 



I then pressed the stamp onto Bristol cardstock and let it sit for a few seconds.  I also did a panel on watercolor paper, but the detail was lost so on this card, I used the Bristol panel.  I really love this vibrant color combination for fall.  



I wanted the focus on the background so I kept the other elements black and white.  I stamped the darling leaves cluster from The Retro Plantines stamp and die set and then die cut.  I added a simple sentiment but added a strip of Painted Grid Washi tape to the top for a little added interest.


The second card features a three tone stenciled background.  I masked off a 3/4" border and then taped the Feathered Leaves Stencil to the panel. Using three different analogous ink colors (Wild Honey, Carved Pumpkin, Mustard Seed), I ink blended each leaf a different color.  I thought these colors made such a pretty seasonal background.  I then heat embossed The Best Mom spray using chocolate brown embossing powder. I really like the effect on the card.  
I attached the panel to an A2 card and added a simple birthday sentiment on brown cardstock along with a couple of buttercream jewels. 

Two quick, simple and easy to make cards!  

I am also playing along with:

Thank you for stopping by!
Karen



5 comments:

  1. Lovely cards with beautiful colours

    Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday challenge

    Joan



    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards!!! LOVE the colors!! Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday! Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty cards! Love the backgrounds and clean designs. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What blends of golds and yellows - very cool background! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am blown away! LOVE LOVE LOVE!
    Thank you for entering your beautiful work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoy reading all the comments.

New Blog Site

Hello friends.  I just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog site:  Kennyscards.com I'd love for you to pop over and check it ou...